Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Easy Two.

This afternoon, after telling Michael in a stern voice that nap time WAS NOT over, I ran two miles on the treadmill.  And, it was an awesome two miles!  I started out slowly, and then increased the speed every five minutes.  Shockingly, I did not have one single side stitch and I felt great the entire time. 

The treadmill just might be the way to go for me right now.  I start out so much slower than I would outside, which means I'm able to run without discomfort.  The side stitches that I get while running are very painful and hard to get rid of during the run.  

This morning I also walked almost two miles and this evening Michael and I got in an easy half mile.  So, the total for the day was four and a half miles!  Hurray!  I'm going to try again tomorrow, though I'd like to get a run in early in the morning.  I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the morning, which is so aggravating!!  


No comments: