Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week 10, Here we Go!

Somehow, we've made it past the halfway mark of marathon training!

Time flies, doesn't it?

This week our plan calls for 4 miles, 8 miles, 4 miles, and then 17 miles.

I have to say, I have enjoyed every minute of training for this marathon.  My friends and I ran about 11 miles on Saturday and it was truly a piece of cake.  The weather was perfect: cool and not as humid as it has been lately.  We had a great group run, I think there were five of us in total.  When we have that many runners, we usually feel comfortable with changing up the run a bit.  So, we headed down a country road that I would not run on by myself early in the morning.  It was just gorgeous.  I love to watch the sun come up over the Blue Ridge with my dear friends.  The conditions (mainly, the weather) have been so difficult to train through, so this weekend's run was delightful.  I wasn't falling over due to exhaustion by the middle of the day and I didn't feel like eating one of the kids because I was so hungry. And, I wasn't sore in the least bit, nor were my feet.

This coming week calls for a pretty tough long run, but I know it will be great!  : ) I truly love this time of year: fall marathon training.  There's nothing better.  I love it and enjoy the challenge that each week brings!

More soon!

No comments: