Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Favorite

One of the best moments of my day is a walk with my dog at dusk.  I would like to incorporate more walking into my exercise routine, which is easier to do during the summer/late spring months.  It's a great way to exercise other leg muscles, and for me, I can always tell a difference in the gluteal muscles.  (That's ALWAYS a good thing, right? For me it is, anyway...)  So, here's another summer goal:  a walk with Duncan at least three/four times a week.  Last night we did a mile together and tonight we got in about a half mile.  It's almost as satisfying as running, and I do notice a huge difference in my breathing and overall tension the nights that we walk together.  

I feel guilty that I don't walk him as much as I used to, that was pre-kids, of course! I was a crazy, crazy exercise girl before Michael and Nicholas came along... I don't miss it, though. (For the record.)  

No comments: