Monday, June 28, 2010

Slowly Getting Back!

Last week was the first time that I have run consistently in about three weeks.  It has been forever, or at least that's what my body is saying!  Between strep throat and a high fever, the last week of school, and a vacation in a place hotter than Hades, running has been put on the back burner for some time.

Thanks to my running friends, I've been able to get myself out of bed in the mornings and out the door.  Last Friday was my first attempt at running, and it was rough.  I asked my girlfriend if we could walk- twice!  Acck!  She willingly obliged, and I was able to finish up the short run.  On Saturday, I ran with a couple neighborhood friends and I managed to get through the run just fine.  We ran at a slower pace, which helped my lungs cope with the heat.  That run was about 40 minutes, or so.  On Sunday I met up with another girlfriend and we got in a good hour of running.  The loop that we like to do is the hilliest run ever, but I love her company and our pace.

We'll see what this week brings.  I'd like to get myself in shape enough to run this Fourth of July 5k.  I don't want to do it if my time is going to stink, though.  I'm vain like that...  We'll see how the rest of the week goes.  It'd probably be a good idea to hop on the treadmill tonight while Real Housewives of NJ is on, and whip out a "fast" 3 miler.  Like I said, it's a good "idea"... totally not committing, though!

No comments: