Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beating me to the punch

The two rascals have been beating me to the punch lately with running, so it's been really hard to get out the door.  Josh is working so much now that he really needs to get going in the mornings, even on the weekends, so I've got to do a better job of getting out the door before the boys wake.  It sounds so much easier than it actually is, doesn't it?  I wanted to do a long run on Saturday, which then turned into Sunday, because M got up so early on Saturday morning.  Which also meant that Josh got up and out the door quickly, so that he could get work done at the office.  It turns out that I didn't run on Sunday either! Grrr.... Sunday I had the time to go in the morning, but spent it with Josh watching the Australian Open.  It's important for us to fit time in together, even if it's six am on a Sunday morning watching tennis.

So, yesterday I got up and out.  I ended up running about 4.5 miles, which was decent since I ran by myself.  Today, since I'm up incredibly early, I hope to fit in at least four or five miles.  It was a long night with the baby and I desperately need the reprieve, even if it's only forty-five minutes of alone time!  

The half marathon is just like two and a half weeks away, and I have not even gotten close to running the ten miles plus miles that I wanted to do beforehand.  Oh well.  My time is not important, this time around, anyway.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to gut my way through it, though...

No comments: