Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The easy way out..

Sometimes I enjoy taking the easy way out by running on the treadmill.  Last week I ran four days in a row.  This rarely happens anymore.  I get tired or I'm busy and up late with the babies, there are so many excuses.  So, last week I was so proud of myself for fitting in running for four days straight.  Thursday was a treadmill run, while I ran with friends early in the morning on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  It was great!  Yesterday I decided to take the day off of running.  It was heavenly!  I slept in until around seven, or so.  As much as I enjoy sleeping in, I don't enjoy waking up with the boys.  I don't enjoy the whining and the demanding as soon as I wake.  That is selfish, I know.  This morning, I woke again with the boys, but I did fit in an hour of running on the treadmill.  The treadmill has become so much fun for me!  It's a good change of pace and I enjoy the extra TV time to myself.  The temperature is also always great.  Instead of counting down the minutes, I usually add more when I am on the treadmill.  Tomorrow was supposed to be an outside run with the group, but I just might have to declare it as another treadmill day!  : ) Time will tell...

No comments: