Friday, January 30, 2009

Lots of Running

Even though the weather has not been great for running this week, I have managed to get in some miles. Monday and Tuesday I ran with a girlfriend, which was helpful and motivating. Tuesday morning we were able to run in the snow. The snow was really wet, though, almost more like rain than snow. Nevertheless, it was still a great run and it was wonderful to have company on the run, especially I was "snowed in" with the babies for two days straight. (That's enough to make you go crazy, or want to run really, really FAR.) : )

Wednesday I took the day off, we all slept in really late and since I woke with the kiddos the treadmill was not an option. Thursday and Friday were treadmill days. It was great to have a change in pace, and to run in the warmth of our basement. The treadmill is so incredibly helpful when I need (or, want) to fit in a quick run. When we first bought it I really didn't enjoy running on it, but now that we have two children? I LOVE it! The past two days I have caught up on Golden Girl re-runs and the news. When the news gets too depressing, I flip over to the Golden Girls! I'm really not sure what I going to do with myself when I go back to work next year. It's rather nice being able to run at 8:00 in the morning, rather than 5 or 5:30 everyday.

Tomorrow will be a long run, hopefully nine miles, or so...Long run days are so much fun...once the run is over, of course!

No comments: