Tuesday, June 9, 2009

For the first time ever...

I'm joining a gym today.  Uggh.  I've always taken pride in my "free" sport, and enjoying the great outdoors.  It's only for a little while, I keep telling myself.  It turns out that I have a Calcaneal Heel Spur, which hurts like a son-of-a-gun! It's almost been a week since I have run, and it looks like I will have another week to go.  The PA gave me these fancy little heel cups to ease the pain and tension in my heel. They are heavenly little things.  The downside is that I am wearing sneakers all the time.  The pain is definitely less, though, and that's more important than anything right now.  

So, tomorrow cross training starts!  I picked up a pair of goggles yesterday and I'm going to pull out my lap swimming suit tonight.  I sure hope I don't regret spending the money on this gym.  If anything, I think I'll get up and go just because of having to pay monthly.  Time will tell...

No comments: