Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time to get started!

I haven't run in about three weeks, aside from that one slow mile on the treadmill last week. It's been awhile!! Marathon training starts this week, so I'm hoping to get back out there this week or next. I figure that I will be okay if I miss the first few weeks of training, even though I really don't want to go that route. This week the mileage is totally do-able, but since I've got this bum heel it might be kinda tough. The miles for this week are 3, 3, 3, and 6- no problem!

The whole gym thing is awesome. I have completely fallen in love with swimming again. I feel strong all over when I am finished my work-outs, which is great. Last week I thought I was going to drown, it's been that long since I've been in the water. It is amazing how quickly it all comes back, though. This morning I managed to get in a little over a mile (2000 Meters). Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for 2400 meters and then hopefully next week get up to 2 miles.

Josh has been awesomely supportive throughout this whole injury debacle, which makes me so grateful. He pushes me to get out the door to swim and doesn't make me feel guilty at all for leaving the house for a few hours in the morning. He's a pretty great guy. ♥♥♥♥

So, this week includes a little running and a check-in with the orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday. I am hoping that all goes well!! ✽✽✽✽

1 comment:

Shelly Arthur said...

Glad your heel is doing better! Now we just need to get Melis on the mend. What training program are you using? There are so many out there. Good luck starting your training. I've been really slack running since I haven't had Melis, but I'm back in it this week (I think). :)