Monday, March 22, 2010

"second loser", random




This was quite random, but I spent yesterday afternoon (alongside my family) with the man who placed second in the National Marathon.  Yes, that is quite random, isn't it?  And, yes! How COOL was that?!?! He is friends with my brother, Daniel.  They work together at a running store in Providence, and so they rode down here for the marathon.  


 When my grandparents walked into the room yesterday, they immediately bombarded him with questions, "How'd you do yesterday?!?!  Did you win?!!?"  


His reply?  "Well.  I was the second loser, I guess."  


It was an incredible to talk about running with a true elite runner, who has raced in the Olympic Trials. He is also the record holder for the National Marathon, last year he had a winning time of 2:19.  That's insane.  I have trouble even wrapping my mind around how fast he runs.   


More about the marathon soon...

No comments: