Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Run Back

You know that you are addicted to marathoning when you begin planning the next marathon before you are even finished the one that you are running.  The next marathon for me will be Marine Corps!  Wa-Hoo!  The best part?  It's already paid for since I had to defer last September.  Truth be told, I'd run another marathon next week if I could!

Plans for the spring include a half the weekend of April 17/18, interval training, a 10k in May, and then maybe a half in May, as well.  Since Josh will be joining us on the weekends again, the plans may change somewhat.  I do plan on working the intervals into my training at least once a week.  I have a friend from work who has given me some instruction on how to go about getting faster.  So, I'm going to give it a shot. I've reached this plateau with my running, and I find it be ANNOYING.  Racing a little bit more and training faster and harder should help.  I'm determined to get to Boston one these days, even if that means changing my diet of junk food and shaving an inch or two off my rear-end.  (I do love my junk food, though...)

This morning's run went really well. Ran for about an hour with the girls!  That's much more than I've ever done before the week after a marathon.  I also took this one a lot easier than others in the past, so maybe that helped with the recovery?  My legs felt great, no soreness at all.   I felt more well rested than I have in ages, which was another bonus.  I couldn't help but to think about the temperature of this morning's run, it was EXACTLY what I would have predicted for a March marathon around here!  (Cool, breezy, cloudy.)  It's time to just let it go, right?  Uggh.

No comments: