Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weak as a Kitten

I was so, so sick last week:  fever, sore throat, stomach flu, cough.  It was a nightmare, not just because I was sick but also because the babies were sick, as well.  Sunday I got out for the first time in at least a week and a half.  And, let me note that I find it very hard to believe that I ran a marathon less than a month ago.  My legs felt like COMPLETE lead.  My lungs were so weak, as well.  And, my overall energy level was completely depleted.  I walked a lot on that three mile run.  I finished it, though, and was completely hungry for more!  So, I took off Monday and got out again today.  I felt just as weak during this morning's run, but I did it without walking.  I really wanted to try this half marathon this weekend, but there's no way I'm even going to try.  I'm just way too tired right now.  I do know that with persistence, it will all come back soon.  The more rest I get and the more I hit the streets, the better off I'll be in a week (or, two!).  There's no rush, and I'm truly enjoying the lull in training at the moment.

No comments: