Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Bazillion Miles Later...

It's been awhile since the running blog has been updated, but believe me, I've still been plugging away.

This weekend I switched things up a bit because we're going to be out of town next weekend. So, instead of running thirteen miles, I ran close to twenty. What a gluten for punishment, I am.

My shoes have waaaay, way, way too many miles on them; which is causing some knee pain. As soon as I get my new pair, I'll be good to go again. The pain doesn't stay with me throughout the day, so it's really not that serious. It was pretty bad, though, on the nineteenth mile yesterday. It amazes me how important it is to run in good shoes. Anytime I get the slightest twinge, I know that a quick change of Brooks Adrenaline will take any discomfort or pain away.

This week, I plan on trying to run two five milers, a eight miler, and a thirteen miler all before Saturday. This way I can really enjoy the weekend with my family and not have to figure out how running plays into the schedule.

We'll see how this week goes! One more twenty miler and I'm over the marathon training hump! Honestly, once that run is finished, it's all down hill from there.

Thanks for checking in---

No comments: