Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Lack of Motivation.

Well. I've reached the "hard" part of marathon training. I'm TIRED. I'm tired of waking up in the middle of the night, worrying about missing a long run with "the girls". I'm tired of centering the weekends around getting a long run in. I'm tired of trying to manuver longish runs into my schedule during the work week. And, well...I'm just tired.

Tomorrow, I'm planning on meeting a buddy for a thirteen mile jaunt so that I can fit the long run in before the weekend starts. I'm actually looking forward to that run; even though I will be getting up at 4:00 am so that I can get myself ready for the day and get to our meeting place on time. Some people might think that's crazy...waking up at 4:00 am, running thirteen miles, and then teaching a bunch of middle schoolers the rest of the day; but the running high will get me through the day just fine. I have a feeling the exhaustion will hit around 8 pm tomorrow evening...

I skipped the 8 miler this week, so I'm planning on squeezing that run in before church on Sunday morning. That really shouldn't be too difficult, even though I'd rather be sleeping...

There are only, what...37 days left of this madness...

It's worth every complaint, though. There's nothing like finishing a three hour run with dear friends or just listening to the sound of your breath on a 5 mile run early in the morning. So, as tired as I am right now, I wouldn't trade the experience of training a marathon for a ten am wake up time, EVER.

Happy Trails....

~k.

1 comment:

4 Gobblers said...

I totally know what you mean! I'm tired, too. This week has been rough. Even this morning before we started running 18, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it. My knees have been aching a lot. I made the 18, though!! Tom has been sick with a cold and it was much more difficult for him - he was dehydrated. Can we run this week?