Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sweet Seventeen.


Ran seventeen miles this morning. And, what a glorious run it was! No kidding. The weather was just GORGEOUS for running. In fact, it was just a teensy bit cool when we got started.

The loop that we ran was fabulous because we didn't have to back track or add on loops. That's always nice because sometimes it's hard to stay focused on the distance when you're running past your car a time, or two. I hope that we'll run the same course next week and then just add a mile somewhere during the run.


Honestly, I'm not even sore! My toes hurt. But, my legs? Totally fine! I barely feel like I ran! How crazy is that??? It's definitely due to the perfect pace, the weather, the gu, the water, the gatorade, and most importantly, the company!


This run definitely boosted my confidence and my excitement in regards to the marathon. And, I've also discovered that chocolate is definitely the best flavor. Oh, it's yummy! Trust me.

2 comments:

4 Gobblers said...

Hey!
Tom and I ran 15 this morning. SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the 13 we did last week. The lack of humidity and the cooler weather was definitely a plus. I feel great! We didn't do the gu, just some fruit gummies. They were yummy and just enough to get us through. Call me when you aren't watching tennis -- or when there's a boring match!
~Diane

Melis B said...

YAY! for you. 17 is fabulous!! WOW!! You are so amazing!! I can't believe the marathon is only 53 more days away!! I wish I had your motivation!!!

Keep at it...

~Melis