Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Cross Post...


This is a cross post.... It doesn't have much to do with the little guy, but it does mention a k-h and her marathon training. Read on, if you'd like...

I've been deviating from "the sacred plan" lately, which, always irritates me. I'm a stick to the plan!, follow the rules!!, kinda person.

Last week's running did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. I managed to get in the two 5 milers and the 13 mile long run, but I ended up missing the 8miler. My plan was to run the eight miles on Sunday, even though we were at a football game about three hours from home the night before. Naturally, I just couldn't drag myself out of bed on Sunday morning. So, I skipped the 8 miles.

This week, I thought about trying to squeeze eight in on Monday and then do three 5 milers during the week. Didn't stick to that plan either... So far, I've done two 5 milers this week, however the plan calls for three and then a 20 mile long run on the weekend. The long run won't be a problem, and they usually aren't because of my running group. Tomorrow I can get in the five with a running friend. So, this week I'm on target...I just can't let go of the missed eight miles from last week.

Because I just can't let it go, I'm contemplating running just a little bit on Saturday to get in 40 miles for the week. Who am I kidding? I'd like to run 5 on Saturday, and that' s not "just a little bit". As long as I run slowly on Saturday, it shouldn't ruin the long run for Sunday....Except, well, Sunday is actually a 20 mile race. I know, how do you "race" for 20 miles? If I figure it out, I'll blog about it.

This is just a glimmer of what goes on in my head during marathon training. It's so annoying. Things used to be easier when I didn't have our precious baby, I had a shower in my office, and when I lived about ten minutes from the running group. I wouldn't change a thing about my life right now, though. I am so grateful for our baby, for my new teaching gig, and for our running-friendless home/neighborhood.

The two morning runs this week have been wonderful, however. The full moon is beautiful right now. It's so bright, I feel like it lights my little path in the mornings.

There are only thirty days until marathon day!! How did that happen??? And, after the twenty miles this weekend, it's all down hill. (Aside from the marathon, of course...)

Check out the RunHappy link to the right for more of this nonsense....

No comments: