Tuesday, August 26, 2008

50 Minutes on the Treadmill...

Yesterday morning I was able to get in 50 minutes on the treadmill. Initially, I tried a 60 minute heart rate workout. The settings were not correct, with my weight set at 160 pounds and the target heart rate set at 157. Both settings were a little off, which made the workout way too intense for me. The incline was set at 15, and the pace was set at an 11 minute/mile run. I could handle the incline, but not the speed. I managed to do about 26 minutes with the insanely high incline, and a slower running pace. Eventually though, I got fed up with the heart rate setting being too high and switched to a different program. Overall, no complaints! My legs were so tired last evening, but that's always a good thing. I like feeling like I've done SOMETHING.

It is such a strange experience, to know that my body is working so hard to finish the workout, even though I'm not sweating AT ALL. Maybe, just maybe, underneath all this BABY, my body is still fit... We'll see in a few weeks.

I've got a couple run/walk dates coming up, which is always motivating and fun. I'd like to try to get on the treadmill tonight while I watch the Democratic Convention. Even though I don't use the treadmill daily, I sure am thankful to have one right now. It's awesome to always have the option to walk or run late in the evenings.

No comments: