Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another Day, Another Workout!

I think I'm falling in love with our treadmill...

This morning, after Josh and Michael left for the day, I headed straight downstairs for the treadmill.  I re-adjusted the 60 minute heart rate workout, so that it wasn't as intense as Monday's workout.  While I didn't get in 60 minutes, I did manage to run/walk for 50 minutes.  It felt great to exercise and push myself a little bit.  I know this exercise is going to help both labor and delivery, even if I end up having a cesarean.  This morning I managed to run for about ten minutes (interrupted with walking breaks), without having any side stitches.    

While I was walking today, I thought about how helpful this treadmill will be when the baby comes.  It's going to be challenging (to say the least!) to fit in morning runs with the running girl, initially. So, when I'm not sleeping, or nursing, or parenting, or cleaning, or cooking, I'll be able to fit in a quick run or walk on the treadmill; when Josh is home or when the kids are sleeping, of course!  Ha. It almost seems like it'll happen!  : ) 

Today I also continued my dreams of running in a few races this winter and spring.  I think the first one will be the the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, and then the Colonial Half Marathon in February.  

1 comment:

Melis B said...

Good for you~~ I'm glad you found time for a workout. I know how much you LOVE them. :)