Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Goal!

Marine Corp Half Marathon in May!  I'm thinking of bagging the half marathon in March for this one.  The thought of pumping before the half, pumping in the car, pumping in the hotel room just doesn't seem appealing to me at this time.  The more I think about the half in March,  I realize how much work and preparation it will involve and I'm just too lazy!  

This morning I had a great run with my neighbor.  She is really helping me get back into shape, which is awesome.  We ran a little over four miles, but it was a fast four miles!  Tomorrow we're going to run in the country, which means lots and lots of hills.  The hills are tough, but I remind myself while I'm struggling that my quads really need the hill workouts right now.  It feels so good to be out running again, it is one of my favorite times of the day.  

1 comment:

Michele said...

what weekend is this race? I'm planning to run the Boilermaker in New York in July, so maybe I could start training for this race too!
Sounds like you're doing a great job getting back in shape. I admire you!