Saturday, December 12, 2009

The coffee was too enticing.

Last week was an abysmal approach to marathon training.  I think I ran twice?  Josh was out of town for a few days, there were meetings after school everyday that he was gone.  So, naturally, by the time he got home I was too tired to even think about getting up at four am to run.  I did run on Thursday, the windiest day of the week, and managed to get in about six miles.  Not bad.  This morning I met my girlfriends for a five am run, and I managed to get in the nine miles that the plan calls for.  All I can say about this week's long is that I did it.

Last night I went to bed around midnight and then got up at four to get ready to meet the girls.  Basically, I had a nap last night, which is pathetic.  So, I struggled through the run as best as I could.  I had every intention of hitting the gym afterwards, to either swim or lift weights, or both!  However, by the time I got to the car I was so cold from sweating and doing a cool-down walk that I just couldn't manage to exercise anymore.  The coffee was way too enticing, and so was a long, hot shower. After putting baby Nicholas down for a morning nap, I hopped into bed myself and slept for two glorious hours.  (I really needed that extra sleep!)

Because of last week's craziness, I've decided to repeat week 6, instead of moving on to week 7.  My reasoning is that week 7 is supposed to be an easy week, which seems silly to go that route since I just HAD an easy week.  This, of course, means that the miles will be higher for the next three weekends.  No big deal, though, the highest that the miles go up to is twelve.  And, as long as I improve my sleeping habits, I should be be okay on those long runs.  I can't believe how much I've missed these long runs.  There's a peace that I feel immediately after the long run and the shower.  My skin isn't even crawling at the sight of the kitchen, yet...

No comments: