Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Spinning and Week 6 (?)

I think I'm on week 6 of the training program.  I can't remember!  But, someone DID return my planner so I've still got my workouts written down and planned out.  This week is a "hard" week.  The plan calls for 45 min of running on Mon, 30 min of x training Tues, 40 min running Wed, 45 min running on Thurs, 30 min x training on Fri, and then a long run of 8 miles on Saturday.  Wow.  I feel tired just reading that plan.  (Kidding.  Sorta.)

Since today is a cross training day, I decided to try a spinning class with a girlfriend.  We had an absolute BLAST.  It was tough, I think primarily because of using different muscle groups.  However, I have felt great the rest of the day.  I'm not sore at all and I feel motivated to try it again on Thursday or Friday.  This gym membership is worth every penny.  I've been much more motivated to get to the gym because of the marathon program.  Maybe all this cross training will pay off and I'll make it to Boston one of these days.

I've also decided that come December 25, or thereabouts, I will register for this said marathon.  I'm feeling good, but there is a fear that the dreadful pain will come back full force with all of this exercise.  I sure do hope I'm worrying for nothing.

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Registering is the hardest part, sometimes!

Good luck with your marathon training!

I have a Garmin 205 and they are about $149 at REI and worth every cent. They are an older version, not pretty, but great. I really love knowing how far I've gone on my long runs---especially since I often do loops and out and backs and the occasional side street and cul-de-sac. Garmie keeps up with all that for me. Today, it would not pick up a signal on my run and I felt like I was running blindly.