Sunday, December 27, 2009

Marathon Training- Week Nine!

I think these new shoes are way too heavy!  I also think they are too big.  Long runs have been miserable by the end, so I'm blaming it all on the shoes (not my lack of sleep).  I did ten miles, or so, on Christmas Eve and by the end I was completely spent.  It seems so silly to blame exhaustion/fatigue on a silly pair of shoes, but I really think I've got a problem here.  Due to all of my injuries, I decided to switch to a mega motion control shoe made by Brooks, which is called the Ariel.  In addition to running in this heavy shoe, I also have the heel cups for the plantar faciitis/heel spur issue.  My shoes feel like weights at this point.  At this point, the logical thing to me is to switch shoes, right?  It's expensive, though, and maybe I need to stop being a wimp and get in better shape?  Any thoughts? 

And, onto the topic at hand- the marathon!  Still have not registered.  Training has been curtailed a bit due to the holidays and the snow.  If I can get myself back on track over the next two weeks, I'm signing up without looking back.  However, if I continue to have things that  creep up, like tax season, then maybe I will postpone my dream/goal until the fall.  For the most part, training is going well, and I'm feeling pretty healthy.  This week's long run calls for 12 miles.  No problem! 

No comments: