Saturday, May 15, 2010

The one thing that interferes with my running:


SLEEP!  (Or, my lack of it, which then leads to various reasons why I miss morning runs.)  I was supposed to get in a long run with my girlfriends this morning, but I fell asleep on the couch before the plans were finalized.  Talk about annoying!  I probably should have picked up the phone instead of waiting for emails to go back and forth.  Oh well.  Sleeping until 7am and going down for the night by 9pm was so luxurious and so necessary, apparently.  

The exercise routine went well this week.  I did not swim, as I had planned, but I did use the eliptical machine for 30 minutes in addition to running in the morning.  So, I finally made it back to the gym this week.  I'm trying so hard to get over there, so that I justify the monthly fee to my husband (and, more importantly, myself!).  Three times in one week and two days of running is very good, considering that I haven't been to the gym since MARCH.  

This week is full of after school meetings, I have three.  (That's A LOT!)  So, I will be lucky to get to the gym twice.  I still have my eye on the classes, but it's not going to happen this week.  And, since I missed the long run this morning, I'm shooting for tomorrow.  This morning light is just splendid, and I can't wait to get out on the streets on a quiet, sleepy Sunday morning.  If I get in an hour and a half, I'll be incredibly happy.  It's been a wonderful week of running and exercising, I just need a goal to work towards now...  

No comments: