Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Sore Belly!

Yowsers!  My belly's sore!  I've done virtually NO abdominal exercises all winter long. I should have, but at the end of the day I have no desire to lay down and do sit ups.  So, this week I've really made an effort to get back into the routine of sit ups/ ab roller/ bicycle kicks every night.  I have a silly little routine that I do, but I think it will eventually pay off.  (I hope so, anyway...)  If you don't have an ab roller, you should look into purchasing one!  I've had mine since college (senior year) and I absolutely LOVE that thing!  It works your arms and your abs.  I can tell a difference after using that thing for a week.  (Seriously!)

 I didn't make it to the exercise class this morning.  We haven't slept through the night in over a week now, and I just really have a hard time waking at two with Nicholas and then knowing that I have to be up by four.  (It's all a mind game.)  However, I did go to the gym twice this week in the afternoon and managed to get in an elliptical workout and weights. The elliptical is a HARD workout for me and it's definitely not as much fun as running outside!  It's good to work different muscles, though, right?  (I hope...)

So, tomorrow's plan includes a run and swimming in the afternoon.  Swimming is going to be tough, too.  I haven't been in the pool since MARCH.  It feels good to be back in the swing of things, and getting back to a normal workout routine.  I can't wait for a long run this weekend, too!

No comments: