Sunday, May 23, 2010

A running first!

Saturday morning was CRAZY.  Nicholas got up around 5am and refused to go back to sleep.  Duncan was barking his head off in the crate. (SO, so, so annoying.)  And, of course, Michael got up somewhere around 5:50.  He was completely dressed and ready for breakfast by 6am.  Don't weekends mean anything to these kids???

I was supposed to meet a couple running friends at six for a longish run.  I had to explain all of the activity going on in my house because it seemed incredibly unfair to leave Josh with the boys who were clearly ready to play at six am.  (Josh was somehow sound asleep during all of this!)  

You know what the running girls said?  They told me to get Michael his breakfast and to load up Nicholas in the jogging stroller.  They were willing to run with a nineteen month old.  I was taken aback by their understanding, thoughtfulness, and kindness.  In fact, I really feel like I hardly pushed Nicholas.  (They even took turns pushing the little rascal.)  

Nicholas handled the run beautifully.  He didn't make a peep throughout the whole run, and we ran EIGHT miles with that kiddo!  It was such a beautiful morning.  I'm so blessed to have such dear friends.   

No comments: