Monday, May 10, 2010

Food really helps.

Over the past two weeks, since tax season is over, I have realized that food (?) really helps my running.  From about the beginning of March until the middle of April, I eat like a bird.  The kids eat kid food at 5pm and Josh usually scrounges something up in the office, which means I hardly eat in the evenings.  (A spoonful of mac and cheese here and there, and a bag of popcorn with my nightly show, that's my dinner during tax season.)

Now that taxes are in, sort of, I am back to cooking dinner for our family. And, I've noticed that because I am eating dinner, I have so much more energy on my runs. Thank goodness!  I felt like I was running in quick sand in the weeks following that terrible stomach virus.  So, I am back on track now and am running as much as I can.  (Yay!)  This week my goal is to get back to the gym, in some capacity.  I really want to try this toning class on Thursday morning with some of the running girls.  That's one goal for this week, and the other goal is yoga on Wednesday.  I'm going to do what I can, hopefully meetings at school don't magically appear and hopefully Josh's work load will slow a little by Wednesday so he can help me with the boys.

I'm also looking for a race or two to run in the next few months!  It's been so long, the marathon really doesn't count...   I'm ready to push myself so that I can see where I'm at, it's hard to tell when it's so early in the morning.  I'm still wiping the sleep out of my eyes, without any concern for speed.

No comments: