Saturday, October 20, 2007

Seven Days to Go!

Oh boy. One week til marathon day!

I'm kind of throwing up in my mouth, if you will. It's just really hard to believe race day is just a week away.

Today I completed my last long run with some running friends. We ran about eight miles at a relaxed and easy pace. The weather was perfect, it was nice and cool.

Physically, I'm feeling great. No aches or pains, but I was pretty tired this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on running four or so because I skipped a four miler this week. The rest of the week will be very do-able. Total, I will run about seven miles before race day. Not bad!

Like I've said before, the taper is the fun part. It does mess with your brain, however. This week, I caught myself thinking...am I really ready for a MARATHON? I've hardly been running, but I think I felt like that because the miles have been dramatically shorter.

Stay tuned, as there will be musings about the impending race throughout the week. Maybe I'll throw in a weather report for next Sunday, too. If you're lucky. ; )

No comments: