Sunday, October 21, 2007

This time next week:


my running buddies and I will all be FINISHED with the marathon!!

That's a comforting thought; the nerves will have settled, soreness will fill our bodies, and our souls will be filled with the elation that ensues from running 26.2 miles. I just can't wait. I'm crazy, I know.

This morning I headed out the front door around 7:45 or so, which is much later than usual for me. As I ran past a big clock in town, the time read 8:08 and I thought to myself this is exactly what I'm going to be doing at this time next week: running!

The run this morning was glorious. The air was quite crisp, I actually wanted to turn back around and head home I was so chilled at the start. I kept on, though, and eventually warmed up. After running for about twenty-five minutes or so, I noticed a beautiful hot air balloon landing about a half of a mile away from me. It was a beautiful sight; the crisp autumn air accompanied with a blue sky and the glorious colors of a hot air balloon.

As always, I'm so thankful that I have been a healthy body to run all of these miles and witness such beautiful sights on each run. It's really quite a gift.

1 comment:

Melis B said...

OMG...only three more days!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

3 more days......

~mb