Thursday, January 10, 2008

Catching up...

Last night I was exhausted. In my head, I told myself over and over that I didn't want to run this morning, even though two of my very favorite people were going to drive fifteen minutes to run with me. I got on the phone and sure enough gladly accepted their offer to run here in my town. I quickly headed to bed after our conversation, so I could drag myself out of bed.

We ran together this morning. (Quickly!)

As I was driving home, I know I was smiling. I was astonished that I felt **SO** good, even though I was so tired the night before. The conversation, the friendship, the increased heart rate, and the endorphins work wonders on my body in the mornings. After my morning runs, I often think about how wonderful it would be if more people got up and ran in the mornings. It's like an instant jump start for the day and puts a smile on my face all morning long.

My mileage for this week has been great, thanks to my new running friends and the girls who came out this morning. Today we did about 4.5 miles. Tomorrow, I'm hoping for five. We'll see...

No comments: