Sunday, January 20, 2008

Totally Nuts.

NEEDED TO EDIT THIS POST...I CAN TELL I WROTE THIS IN ALL OF FIVE MINUTES LAST NIGHT!


Here's how crazy I am: I ran outside today at 6:00 am. If you live near me, you would know that it is insanely COLD and windy outside today. The high was like 20 degrees or something, so I would guess that this morning's run was about 5 degrees with the wind chill. In my defense, I really had no idea how cold it was because I hopped in the car and drove to meet a running friend. The car was parked in the garage, so I a bit alarmed when I stepped out of the car to begin the run. When we started, my face felt like it was burning from the wind, even my legs were burning.

We did manage to run about 4.5 or so, which was great. Initially, I was only up for the 2.5 mile loop. But that's the way running works with me, once I can get myself out the door and on the road, I'm good to go. And, truthfully-whining aside-, it was a wonderful run. I was able to spend some time with one of my very favorite people. She is an inspiration to me, for so many reasons, but mainly because she is one of the kindest, sweetest individuals I know. So, to be able to spend some quality time with S., was worth the burning face and the chill in my bones that seemed to last all morning.

I keep thinking, though, isn't this why we bought the treadmill in the first place? So that I would have a WARMER option on mornings like this? Sometimes running isn't about the running, I think it's more about the quality time with my friends.

Well. I'm running a half marathon in about a month! WAAAHHH! HOOOO!! Very, very excited about this race, it's one of my favorites because I get to go back to my Alma mater. I definitely feel ready this year, yesterday I ran about ten and a half or so! (Much, much better than last year at this time.)

1 comment:

Melis B said...

You are AMAZING!! I just caught up on this site and you are one amazing woman!!!

xoxoxo
melis