Sunday, February 28, 2010

20 miler is IN THE BOOKS.

no doubt about it, the last few miles of a 20 miler HURT.

no doubt about it, a soda tastes so incredibly GOOD after a 20 miler.  who cares about the calories when you've just run 20 miles, right?

i took a bath as soon as I got home, which is very weird for me.  i don't like baths, they kinda make me feel dirty.  sitting in your own dirt and sweat just seems gross.  i've heard that it's a great to help your legs recover and i positively just wanted to sit down. the bath was heavenly!  i got out and my legs felt 100% better, although my toes are pretty tender.

because i don't run with a garmin and don't map out my runs prior to getting out there, i generally just go by time.  i figured that i was at least running a ten minute pace, so i needed to get in at least 3 hours and 20 minutes of running.  i decided yesterday to be on the safe side and run for 3 and a half hours.  when i got home i felt doubtful about the mileage.  so i used map my run, an awesome little website, and came up with my total mileage.  it's a rough estimate, but i think it's pretty legit.  it turns out that i ran 22 miles today!  wa-hoo. no wonder i felt like i was ready to throw in the towel by the time i finished.  four (.2) miles more and i would have run a marathon.  awesome!

so.  i think i'm ready!  i am so grateful for this healthy body that has been given to me.  the next few weeks are going to be delightful, now that it's time to taper.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Way to go Katie!
Relax and enjoy the rest of your day!

Melis B said...

yay!! I am so happy for you!! I'm so glad you were able to get in your SUPER LONG run!!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Unknown said...

wow Katie, I am amazed by your determination. I know you will do well in the marathon and enjoy the tapering. These are the best days.. I would like to have you and the boys over for some carb feasts when you are ready for the bulking... LMK.