Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What a run!

For the first time since last Friday morning, I got outside for a run with a really good friend.  We ran for about 55 minutes, which I was so happy about.  The run was slick, but WoW!, was it ever gorgeous.  Not only are the trees still covered in snow, but we also were able to watch the sun come up over the mountains.  School was cancelled for today, so there was no rush to get home, showered, and dressed for the day.  This morning was one of those mornings that I absolutely cherish: it was breathtaking, peaceful, and rejuvenating.  I didn't want it to end, especially once that beautiful sun began to rise over our mountains.  Lots of people think I am crazy for running in the cold and so early in the mornings.  I think they're the ones who are crazy, though.  Who wouldn't want to watch the sun rise, catch up with a sweet friend, and fill your lungs with fresh air-  ALL at once, no less!

Honestly, I can't wait to get out there and run 18 miles sometime this week.  The schedule is WIDE open now, I can't decide which day would be best!!  Tomorrow's probably out, though, due to the weather.

No comments: