Friday, February 5, 2010

Nine Down, Eighteen Coming Up!

Alrighty!  Finished a great nine mile run this morning with some sweet, sweet girlfriends.  I didn't feel too strong on this run, though.  My legs were tired and I just felt tired all over.  I didn't get much sleep last night, which may have been the culprit and I didn't eat very last evening, either.  The run was fantastic, though. You could feel the snow in the air, even though the temperatures were not bad at all.

My goal was to run ten or eleven, even though that was a bit more than "the plan."  I thought that Josh would be waiting on me to get home, so that he could get to work.  Which meant that I felt obligated to finish up.  It was frustrating to see that he was still sound asleep when I walked in the door.  Really, it's fine.  Nine miles is great, and there's probably a good reason behind the plan calling for eight.  (Maybe because marathoners get a little tired at this point?)

Next week is a LONG long run-  eighteen miles!  Yippeee!  : ) I am looking forward to challenging myself AND eating whatever the heck I want!  (That is why I run-- so I can EAT, EAT, EAT!)

No comments: