Sunday, February 7, 2010

Times are changing

This morning I put the baby down for a short morning nap.  Then, I made a few peanut butter crackers and put them into a ziplock bag for Michael B.  We rounded up his Lego's from my closet, and his Lego boat; we then headed for the basement.  Michael and I made a nice little play area for his Lego's.  And guess what???

While Michael played with his Lego's, I ran a little over six miles on the treadmill.  It was fabulous.  It was liberating, too.  He stayed in the same spot and was completely content to build away.  He munched on his snack a little and even took a bathroom break.  Meanwhile, I didn't have to break stride once because he was so self sufficient.  I never thought this day would come.  He's so easy right now, it's a very weird feeling.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time that Michael has actually watched me run on treadmill.  He was extremely curious and really wanted to try running, too.  And, being the runner-holic that I am, he was given the opportunity.  It was hysterical.  The speed was too slow, so his gait was a little awkward.  When we finished our "work out", he proudly announced to his Dad that he just ran six miles.  (SO not true... but I let it slide, just this time.)

It was a great run.  I can tell that the longer runs have helped my fitness level because I'm not the least bit sore or achy from that run.  Marathon training is the best!  Actually, this plan that I'm following is the best!  Must go shower NOW before the children wake!

No comments: