Saturday, June 28, 2008

Painful and Laborious.

Woah. Running has gotten incredibly HARD over the past week. Incredibly hard!

Josh ran on the treadmill this morning and came upstairs completely chipper from his three mile run. He announced that running on the treadmill is so much easier than running outside. "The air conditioning helps tremendously", he said.

So I figured, why not give running inside a shot? After we got Michael down for his nap, I headed downstairs for a three mile run. And...OH. MY. GOSH. My body just doesn't want to run anymore, or to walk fast. I had a side stitch, again on my right side. I slowed my run down, to a fast walk. The change in speed did not help until I reduced the speed even further to a slow-ER walk. Eventually I got to the three mile mark, but good grief! Was it ever a painful and laborious process. Forty-one minutes, to be exact.

I refuse to throw in the towel because even though the three miles were a heck of a lot of work; I felt great the rest of the day knowing that I exercised.

What is most frustrating is the fact that overall I feel like I could run a marathon! It's probably in my head, but I don't feel tired enough after each workout. Today I was barely sweating, but my body (namely, my belly) just couldn't keep up.

This whole running while pregnant thing is very interesting, and very frustrating, at times.

No comments: