Monday, June 23, 2008

Side Stitches

Today's run was awful. Awful, awful, awful. Within the first five minutes of the run, I knew it was not going to be a good one. I had a nasty side stitch on my right side. After getting about a half mile into the run, I had to walk. And, of course, that's what I did. For the rest of my time out on the road this morning I just walked. Even with walking, the side stitch did not go away. Once I got home and had a glass of water, I felt much better. So, I guess the baby just didn't feel like running today.

The positive of this morning's "run" was that one of my running girlfriends was out running. She is such a sweetheart: she actually stopped running and just walked the rest of the way home with me. These running friends are just too much!

My theory is that because the baby is situated relatively "high" in my belly, my essential running organs (diaphragm, lungs, etc.) are all scrunched up, which leads to the side stitches. Or, maybe I didn't feel well because of my dinner last night. Who knows?

I'll try again tomorrow, and will walk if need be. I've made it pretty far with the running and I'm still not ready to call it quits just yet. My goal is to make to the third trimester running. That's only two weeks left of running. I can do that....

No comments: