Saturday, November 7, 2009

5, 10, Who's Counting Anyway?

Today was supposed to be my long run according to this new training program.  Of course, the program starts off gently with the long runs being 5, 6, or 7 miles depending on the week. This week the long run was supposed to be about five miles. Hmph.  I've been running five miles all week!  So, I decided to go ahead and do a suitable long run.  I started off just wanting to do seven miles, or so.  But!  I felt so good and my house was so dark and quiet that I decided to keep going and going.  Instead of sticking to the plan (like I should do!)  I ran about ten miles instead.  Tomorrow is supposed to be an "off" day, but I'm thinking about squeezing in a seven miler and then possibly taking Monday off, or Tuesday.  It feels so good to be injury free again and healthy, that I am finding it really hard to take days off or slow down.  I know I need to, though.  Twenty weeks is a long time to train and I know I'm going to be tired by March.  So, just for this week, I'm going to go a little over in the mileage.

No comments: