Monday, November 23, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

Training is continuing to go well.

Unfortunately, someone stole my planner at school (they're like gold because of hall passes), the planner had all of my workouts written on the calendar.  SO! I've got to get on the ball and find something else to record my training sessions.  I like to write down every workout, even though I rarely add detail, and then look back at my training in the weeks to come.  I'm strange, I know.

So, this week is kind of like a rest week.  Today I was supposed to run for about 45 minutes, which did not happen.  I stayed up past midnight writing an IEP and then got up at five.  Not enough sleep for 45 minutes, in my mind.  So, I'm torn about tomorrow.  Cross train or run?  I really don't care- I just can't wait to get out there tomorrow!

On Saturday I did the long run, which was supposed to be about seven miles.  I added a few miles to that distance and incorporated a little weight training afterwards.  My muscles were sore, but thankful. After my morning workout, the family headed out for a little Turkey Trot  run/walk.  It was an absolute blast!  We did the two mile course and enjoyed every minute of being together.

This week, in addition to getting back on the training plan tract, I hope to race/run in a Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot.  It should be lots of fun! I have not ran in this one since well before Mr. MB was born.  It's just a 5k, so it'll be quick and painful. It's my first race "back" since LAST MAY.  How crazy is that?  May!?!? It's about time, I say!

Race report/training report coming one day soon.

No comments: