Saturday, November 14, 2009

Marathon Training: Week Two!

Today wrapped up week two of marathon training:  eighteen more to go!  Yippee!  This week went well overall, though I did miss one 40 minute run.  Surprisingly, though, I did fit in two days of cross training and the "long" run.  And, really, I think I was okay with missing the 40 minute run because I did not take Sunday off, which is supposed to be a rest day.  So, it's all good.  I'm most definitely still on track.

I'm really feeling like I need to run this marathon and get back into shape.  Taking so much time off because of the back/leg injury set me back quite a bit.  In fact, I felt so weak in the pool yesterday.  It was ridiculous!  Other than feeling out of shape and flabby (yuck!  can't stand that feeling!), post injury-wise, I'm doing just fine. The mileage is so easy right now, though, so it's been a nice, gentle, steady incline.

Even though the training is going well and I'm feeling like I can handle the challenge of the training; I'm so afraid to register!  I DO NOT want to back out of another marathon again.  So, I'm going to wait just another month, or so.  Just to be sure.  Because I don't like the idea of giving up on a goal and throwing money away.  At the same time, though, I definitely don't want the race to fill up!  That would be crushing, to say the least.

What to do?  What to do?

No comments: