Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cross Training while Marathon Training...

Today I went to the gym! For the first time in over a month!  Acck.  Not something I'm proud of, by the way....

Just last evening, Josh and I had a conversation about the ole' gym membership.  I feel like I should go ahead and cancel it because I don't think I'm going often enough to justify the cost.  He disagrees.  (How I love him...) We've had a few blips here and there over the past six weeks, so it has been difficult to get to the gym for one reason or another.  I truly don't want to give up the membership because I love the wellness center.  It's so nice and clean- the steam room is reason alone not to drop the membership.  And, I'm always in the best mood when I leave that place.  The people there are great, particularly the receptionist.  It would be hard to part with that membership, but if it doesn't make sense financially, then I will.

The marathon program calls for two days of cross training a week.  One workout is just a half an hour and the other is about forty minutes.  Both are completely do-able.  I'm just trying to figure out a schedule so that the cross training interferes as little as possible with Josh and the kiddos.  It's going to be a challenge, but I think I've got things figured out for the moment.  In addition to the cardio workouts, I would like to add a little weight training.  (Which, was going well until I messed up my back!)

So, as it stands Week 2 of marathon training is going great.  I'm really excited about having a goal and focusing on something positive.  I have to admit that I'm praying that the training continues to go well and that I remain injury free.  : )

No comments: