Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Special Treat.

This morning I was able to sneak away for a mid morning run.  This never, ever happens!  Once the kids are up, it is so hard to peel myself away from home.  The baby took a morning nap, which he rarely does these days. Our other little one is really under the weather, so he just wants to vegetate.  The house was a disaster, when is it not (?), but I managed to give myself permission to head out for about forty-five minutes.

The run was fabulous, I ran a route that I normally don't get to try during the week.  The change in scenery always helps.  While the route itself was fabulous, and while I enjoyed the quiet mid morning time away, and while I enjoyed the beautiful weather:  I STRUGGLED through the run!  It was so much warmer than my past few runs, and for some reason my body always has a hard time adapting to the temperature change.  It's very strange, I can almost count on having a bad run (struggling) if the weather warms up unexpectedly.

Throughout the run I thought more about the spring marathon.  Random thoughts that crossed my mind were, "how am I going to fit in a twenty miler during tax season?"  I even went as far to figure out the course, what we could do with the boys, whether I should try to run on Saturday or Sunday, and so on.  It's crazy to let these thoughts consume me already, but it will probably make things easier in the long run- preparing for the crazy, hard marathon training weeks ahead.  I'm still completely serious about running this marathon in March, and running a PR.  It's the perfect time to try.

The rest of this week will be interesting. I'm thinking that our little guy might have the flu.  And, I'm feeling kind of icky today- very tired.  Naturally, there is a fear that I'm going to be under the weather by the end of the week. Hopefully not....

No comments: