Saturday, July 24, 2010

Long Run Saturday

Today we got in 11 miles.  11 long, hot, hot, HOT miles.

We got started at 5:15.  It was in the 80's when we started.  The thick air, though, was worse than the heat.

My right leg/butt/back is starting to burn again, so thankfully the girls didn't mind slowing the pace a little bit.  I think that speed might exacerbate the pain, but I really have no idea.  It wasn't around in the middle of the winter, I do know that.

We all ran with our belts and drank every sip of water and gatorade on our run. It was that hot and that draining.  Thankfully, we were able to re-fill our bottles over at the park before heading home.  This run has sucked the life out of me, and it's only 9 am.  I sorta forgot that training for a fall marathon can be a little bit uncomfortable in the early weeks....

Next week we're moving up to 12.  No problem.  Can't wait.  Because even though these runs suck the life out of me and force me to nap and drink a Coke, they also make me feel so alive and so healthy.

1 comment:

Melis B said...

You are amazing. We only did 4 today and it was EXHAUSTING! I fell asleep in the playroom on a bean bag while playing 'school' with the kids at 10:30.

It was SO hot this morning. SO happy you got a nice long run in. :)

7 more days!! xoxo