Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 3 Long Run

This week's long run was supposed to be about six miles.

Foolishly, I ran nine.

Where is this crazy desire to run, and run, and run coming from?  I know I'm going to burn out before the marathon if I refuse to adhere to the program.  Once September hits, I know I'll be struggling with exhaustion.  That ALWAYS happens when I train for Marine Corps.

Anyway... The long run.

I met up with two running friends.  We ran in a different location, just to change things up a bit.  The park is off limits right now because of a bear sighting.  And, the stalker van is back.  We were stalked for about a year by a van, not kidding.  He would sit on street corners to wait for us, and pass us multiple times throughout a run.  (Scary? Creepy?) He left us alone after a few calls to the cops.  It's been months since we've seen him, but now he's back.  Every run. It makes me angry to think about it, much less blog it.

We did an out and back course yesterday, kind of  later in the morning than usual.  And, it was fantastically HOT.  By the end of the run, the sun was really beating down on those asphalt roads.  Thankfully, I brought a little bit of water that was luke warm (yuck) and some of those sport beans.  I felt pretty strong towards the end, even on the hills, because of the fuel.

My breathing felt great, so did my legs.  I was really happy with the pace, I think it was eight something. Maybe this is the year that I can get myself to Boston.  Or, I'd really be happy just to break 3:50 this time around.  The new shoes are totally working for me, too!  The support, cushion, and weight are great.  I did end up with a toenail blister, so I'm down to nine "good" nails.  'Tis the season, I suppose!

More running this week... can't wait!!

No comments: