Sunday, July 25, 2010

Looks like I need the drugs.

The long run was not a good one yesterday.  : (

My leg is back to hurting, badly.  I tried to nap in the early afternoon and it just throbbed and throbbed.  Anytime I'm in the car, I jack up the heated seats to relieve the burning pain in my rear-end.

I have no idea why it's happening again- at nearly the exact same time as last year!  (To the WEEK almost...)  Our runs have been fast.  I've always read that long runs should be a good minute or two slower than race (marathon) pace.  I don't think I've been sticking to that, per-say.  They've been pretty fast long runs and short runs, if you ask me.

So.  What do I do?  It's not so bad that I need to go back to the doctor.  Nor, is it bad enough for me to have to take some time off.  I just don't want it to get to that point.  I really don't.  So, I refilled a prescription from last year to help with inflammation.  And, I've got to slow it down some.  And, maybe look into more strengthening and stretching exercises, too.

This is baffling.  I had ZERO issues when training for the March marathon.  I don't understand why this injury has decided to re-surface again....

No comments: