Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm walking the baby out...

...well, not really, if you ask my doctor.  I'm still trying to stay active throughout the next few weeks.  It's becoming more challenging each week, and really each day.  My legs feel so HEAVY, and so does my belly. Ugh....I know that even if the walking/running/ whatever doesn't help the baby to arrive "naturally", at least I will be in relatively good shape to deal with the recovery from the cesarean.  (At least that's what I  am telling myself.) 

This morning I was able to walk with one of my very favorite friends, Diane.  We talked about lots of things, including politics, which was so much fun.  Most days, I am talking to Michael about why cars drive with their lights on, why we have to pick up the dog from the groomer, and so on.  The adult conversation was quite refreshing.  I have a feeling that we at least walked a good three or four miles, which should help me to sleep well this evening.  

My goal for tomorrow is to run/walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes while Michael naps. We'll see if I can get it done or if I'll choose to nap instead.  I know which one of the two will make me feel better....

No comments: