Sunday, September 28, 2008

shuffling along..

Tuesday's Walk:

Distance: 1.89 Miles
Time: TOO LONG!!!  : ) 

Friday's Walk/Run:

Time: 60 Minutes
Distance: 4.0 Miles

Saturday's Walk/Run:

Time: 51 Minutes
Distance: 3.4 Miles

Sunday's Walk/Run:

TBD!! 

I've gotten plenty of exercise over the past few days,  though I didn't meet my goal of "R-alking" five days this week! : )  Oh well.  Each week I slow down just a bit more, which is a little bit frustrating.  If I increase the speed of the treadmill too quickly, I tend to get cramped up and then I have to take things back a notch, or two.  This usually means that I spend more time on the treadmill than what I had originally intended.  Yesterday was a perfect example.  My plan was to get in 30 minutes, which quickly turned into forty, then forty-five, and then fifty minutes.  

The treadmill has been so incredibly helpful with maintaining my fitness throughout this pregnancy.  I love being able to catch a TV show or two, and being able to run/walk at any time of the day.  It has been worth every penny, in my mind.  This evening I'm really just going to shoot for twenty or thirty minutes, depending on how I'm feeling. 

This week the running girls are having a birthday run for one of our friends on Wednesday, so that means I will get to exercise a little with the group!  Hurray!  My doctor's appointment tomorrow is later in the day, so I will be able to squeeze in a run/walk beforehand.  Hurray, again!!!  I'm going to do my best to get in some exercise two more days this week, as well. 

My current goal is run/walk the day that the baby is born.  Since it looks like the baby will arrive on the 10th of October via c-section, my goal is to run that morning.  I think I'm still on track to meet that goal.  Unless, this baby surprises us all, which could happen.  Right?

No comments: