Monday, September 29, 2008

Not long enough...

Time: 36:14 minutes
Distance:  2.5 miles

This morning the three of us woke up kind of on the later side, which meant that I didn't have as much time to exercise as I would have liked.  Initially, I started off with the goal of just getting in 30 minutes on the treadmill. And, like usual, the time increased with each ten minute segment.  (I turn up the speed and the incline every ten minutes.)  By the time I got to thirty minutes, I was just past the two mile mark.  For some reason I decided that I needed to finish the workout at 2.5 miles, the half mile makes SO much of a difference.  (Ha!)  

By the end of the workout, I managed to walk for twenty minutes and run for sixteen.  Not bad.  It certainly didn't feel effortless, but I made it through another day of exercising.  

In other running news, I'm shopping around for another marathon.  I don't plan on running another one until next October, at least.  However, the spring of 2010 isn't sounding so bad, either.  I tried to find information for the New York City Marathon, but couldn't figure out where the registration information could be located.  I did look at the hotel prices for this year, and pretty much ruled that marathon out as a result.  The cost of the NYC marathon for one weekend is almost the same as the cost of our beach vacation FOR A WEEK.  No way am I willing to dish out that much $$$ for a weekend of soreness and a mediocre hotel room.  So,  I'm still looking.  I guess there is always Marine Corps again OR Richmond, but I'd really like to try something new.  The Outer Banks marathon is also a great option, as well.  And, I've heard Philly is great....  Who knows?  I've got some time, I suppose... ;)

This afternoon Michael and I are going to walk around the trail at the park, so I'm hoping to get in another two miles of walking before the end of the day.  

No comments: