Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Beach Running.

This morning I got up around six, made my coffee and got ready for another day of running on the beach. It was a HOT, HUMID run; let me tell ya. Yesterday was a little bit easier than today, mainly because a storm came through early in the morning, which cooled things off quite a bit. Today was a different story, however.

For the past two days, I have run to the "point" of the island. It is a beautiful, quiet peaceful place where the island actually comes to a "point". It's interesting to note how the island changes from year to year. When we were here in 2002, the point was almost non-existent. Thanks to a lot of work by the locals here, they have added sand bags and brought in sand to make the point wider.

Tomorrow I should do seven miles or so, and then I plan on taking off Thursday so that I can do my long run on Friday.

Today I did about four miles or so, yesterday's mileage was probably close to five.

2 comments:

4 Gobblers said...

Hey!
Looks like you had a great time at the beach! I've been keeping up with it. Tom and I ran 12 this morning. I'm a little achy, but it has subsided as the day went on. Tom says he might run the Richmond marathon. That's exciting!! Call me when you have a chance. We leave Thur.
~Diane

katie k-h said...

That's fantastic news about, Tom! I really hope he decides to do it...What a great few weekends for your children that would be, to watch BOTH parents finish a marathon this fall!!

You're doing great, Diane. I'm so excited for you! : )

I kind of like the achiness that lingers throughout the day, it's like a souvenir from the run. ; )

~Katie