Thursday, August 16, 2007

What they don't tell you...

One of the worst parts of marathon training is the thrashing that my toes receive. I pretty much always get blisters underneath my toenails from the constant pounding that comes with each stride. During the last marathon that I ran, my big left toe had a monsterous blister underneath it that lingered around until after EASTER.

Right now, I am trying this fungal cream for my toes, which is so disgusting, in hopes that my toes will hold up better throughout the training. It seems to be helping, although I'm confident that I'll lose two or three nails before marathon day.

Maybe I'll go ahead and schedule a pedicure for the day after the race...That's something to run for, right?

1 comment:

Melis B said...

Gross...

That's just another reason NOT to run marathons. ;) Who wants to run for 5 (or 6 or 7) hours AND have foot fungus??

Good luck in your training and your foot woes.
~Melis