Saturday, August 25, 2007

Easy Eleven.


Today's run was a blast. We ran about 10.94 miles, approximately, of course...

There were four of us, one of whom has never run above ten miles or so. And, she did so well!

I felt very strong, despite the horrendous humidity. My toes, however, hurt! I'm thinking about finding a podiatrist for after the marathon.

This week the mileage goes up considerably. The mid-week long run is eight. And, what about the long one, you ask? Oh. Just SEVENTEEN. Ha. : ( I can preeetty much count on sleeping all of next Saturday afternoon. That's okay, though, the running high is certainly worth it; as are the sodas and junk food that will DEFINITELY follow as well....

Stay tuned! Things are starting to gear up around here for this marathon!!

1 comment:

4 Gobblers said...

Hey!
We got back on Friday evening -- after about 9 hours of driving. Silly us thought it would be a good idea to run 13 Sat. morn after a week of eating out and sitting in the car so long (I think I've gained 5 lbs!) I barely made it. It was horrible! I don't know if I can do 15 this weekend. I can't run on Sat. because we will be at the VT game, so it will have to be Sun. How is school? I'll try to call soon.
~Diane